Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Boy, You Really Love Easter, Don't You?


YES. YES I DO. Easter is quite possibly my FAVOURITE holiday, despite the fact that things like Thanksgiving and Christmas are so much bigger and wonderfuller and widely-celebrated and you actually get presents and all that jazz. And there's the fact that I’m not religious at all and Easter's all about the rebirth of Jesus or something. 

But still.

Easter, for me, represents springtime and the wonderfulness of the sun finally making an appearance and bringing the flowers into bloom, the birth of fuzzy animals like bunnies and chicks, delicious veggies like carrots (my favourite!) and pastels up the WAZOO, which of course is what I live for. It's just the overall freshness of skipping around outside with a light sweater, a flowery dress, a basket for flower picking, and rainboots because the grass is wet with morning dew. Which is exactly the type of Easter it happened to be this year so I got to wear one of my most ideal outfits I own! 


(Gahh!! I'm sorry I'm just dying of my overwhelming love of everything about this outfit!)

My favourite easy updo twists.


And my first go at Water Marbling -- Spring Themed



Of course, the night before we stayed up late dying Easter Eggs. This was our set up (glass of wine required)  plus Friends season 2 playing on my laptop. 


Didn't get a whole lot of pictures of my eggs the next day because I was so busy making dinner and had to start on the deviled eggs right away BUT I did capture my pride and joy of the bunch, the solar system! Or at least my attempt at 2am.



Dinner time! My Friend Ingrid (in the polka-dot dress from Modcloth) dressed the salad and I talked my friend Molly (next picture down) through the Avocado Deviled Eggs, but other than that, I made Easter dinner all by myself for the first time ever! It's like I'm a real adult or something.

On the Menu:
Rosemary Garlic Lamb Chops, Scalloped Potatoes, Sweet-glazed Carrots & Onions, Lemon & Pepper Asparagus & Onions, Parmesan Leak Soup, Spring Salad & Avocado Deviled Eggs paired with a glass of Chablis.






Another reason I'm probably so in love with Easter is that sometimes it falls on my birthday, which is -- wait for it -- April 1st! That's right, I'm an April Fool's baby (along with Fred & George Weasley! As if it wasn't already an awesome day to be born on). This year, however, it was the day just before so at midnight, right after we changed into our Easter pj's and watched "Hop", we celebrated my birthday (post about my party to come) with chocolate cake and a glass of milk! 

I know. We're ridiculous. But at least we have each other.








Cardigan -- Forever 21
Dress -- Goodwill
Rainboots -- JC Pennys? Idk I bought them years ago. lol.