Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Is That The Same Dress?

As a matter of fact it is! I have recently been motivated to work on my layering, as I seem to have lost my touch for it since moving to sunny LA. And I have to say, I am more than happy with the result: a brand new closet! 


(Again, I've been a little backlogged so we're back to reddish hair and kitty nails!)


I wore the first outfit one day with a corduroy shirt my friend gave me and LOVED it with this particular one of my many flowery dresses. The next day I woke up ready to go to my next-door-neighbor’s daughter’s first birthday in the park (ladybug themed! SO adorable!),of course forgetting that it was Daylight Savings Time and losing an hour. So with just enough time to shower and leave I decided to pick this dress up off the pile on the floor next to my bed and wear it again and pretend I didn’t just wear it the day before and hope nobody would notice (don’t act like you don’t do it). Then with a spark of inspiration, I picked up this shirt and thought DEAR GOD IT’S SO CRAZY IT JUST MIGHT WORK.. And it’s funny because I’ve had this belt forever and even considered getting rid of it at one point because I could never make it work, but I grabbed it and looked in the mirror and was amazed at how perfectly it all came together, frankly, impressed with myself. 







 (It was to hot for boots so I switched to flats for the party. Goddammit SoCal.)

Now that almost all the dresses I own can be turned into skirts, my mind has been blown and my closet is practically twice as big! A very exciting new discovery. Looks like someone needs to go belt shopping ;) 

OR I can make a bunch with all my new material from the Fashion District….OHMYGOD. Excuse me, I have some sewing to go do….



Corduroy Shirt & White Shirt - Gifts 
Dress - Forever 21
Belt - Wet Seal?
Cowgirl Boots - Zappos
Purse - Goodwill
Earrings - V Generation