Friday, April 5, 2013

Wait, So Your Birthday Was Before Easter, Then?


No silly, that was just the party.

So after Saturday (recovery day) and Sunday (Easter), I was pooped by the time my actual Birthday rolled around. So I spent the day leisurely running around with my friend Ingrid to all the places where you can get free stuff on your birthday. 




Seriously, you'd be surprised how many freebies you can get just 'cause it's your birthday. I mean I ate for free ALL DAY and my freezer is full because we mostly hit up ice cream parlors. lol. I had Denny's for breakfast (free Grand Slam), my fav drink from Starbucks (Venti Iced Soy Caramel Latte. TRY IT.), ice cream from Baskin Robbins, Coldstone and Ben & Jerry's, and froyo from Pinkberry and Yogurtland! We went a little nuts. So much so that we brought a cooler. I'M A BROKE COLLEGE STUDENT -- I'M NOT ASHAMED.
(List of places that give away freebies here. Don't act like you wouldn't do it too.)

And it's actually quite fitting that I now have so much ice cream in my house because last week I just happened to do Ice Cream Cone Nails on my toes!


Oh, and if I'd known to print out the coupon, a free Krispy Kreme doughnut, but I bought one anyway since we were there.


We were too excited in all of our running around that we forgot to take more pictures. Oops.


And later that night, because really, you just have to on your 21st, I went bar-hopping with my best friend and roommate, Molly, just to get carded. The first place we went was the Tam O' Shanter where we were for St. Patty' Day (lets just put it out there already that I've been using my sisters old ID since I was 18 so none of this is really new to me, but hey, I'm a traditionalist). I didn't get carded there but I did get free cookies and cake!


After that we went down the street to the Big Foot Lodge, a karaoke bar that looks like a hunting lodge!  I don't think the bouncer had seen anyone so happy and willing show their ID. Unfortunately there are no pictures of the night thereafter, because not only would they be quite incriminating, but after a generous "Sasquatch" and approximately 4 shots of whiskey, plus hard cider from the bar before... lets just say the thought of taking pictures slipped my mind. Much like the contents of my purse slipping out onto the taxicab floor at 3am. I think I lost my favourite chapstick that night.... I guess that means it was a successful 21st!

Yep, I've finally reached that last milestone. And so I say to Father Time, lets just put a pause on the the clock for, oh lets say, 10 years, and then we can start counting backwards from there. Deal? Deal. Cheers!



Shirt - Hand-Me-Down
Pants - Irene's Story
Shoes - Some store on the Vegas strip on my 15th Birthday
Army Jacket - Vintage 
Earrings - V Generation
Dress - Forever 21