Sunday, May 5, 2013

What's So Special About the 4th of May?

May The 4th Be With You!
So as I've mentioned before, I am a proud nerd who takes part in many a fandom. It just so happens that my whole family (mostly my dad and my brother) are OBSESSED with Star Wars, so growing up in a house full of Darth Vadar Halloween costumes and debating which order to watch the movies in, I of course grew to love this iconic series as well! 

Halloween when I was 8. I was a princess, my brother was Darth Vader and my sister, who's choking me, was a monster. This is kind of our personalities in a nutshell. HA!

Unfortunately I didn't get any merch when I moved out (not that I could have taken the movies with me because I don't have a VHS player anymore. lol) so come May 4th I was at loss for what to do with myself since my friend had invited me out kind of last minute to a bar that was having a sci-fi themed night for the occasion. Thus, I ran to the nearest Ross, grabbed a plain white cotton tee for 5 bucks and started putting together my own designs to print out on my iron-on transfer paper (which you can get a Michael's pretty cheap). This was the final product! I figured I'd doll up a simple t-shirt and jeans look with a pair of pumps and some pin-up rolls.


I always loved Return of the Jedi, not only for it's epicness, but because of the Ewoks! So when I found these illustrated book covers I almost died and went YEP that's what's going on my shirt :p
 Front                                                                                         Back

Oh you know, just chillin' with Princess Leia.

Even though it was a night for Star Wars celebrations, the dress code was technically "sci-fi/fantasy" so some of my ever-loyal Potterhead friends wore their Hogwart's garb! Gotta love 'em.

Not only that but they also made HP themed drinks for us! And let me just tell you, these are the most spot-on I've ever had in my life. So much so that I asked for the recipes.   From the left we have Liquid Luck, Gillywater and Butterbeer. No -- not just Butterbeer, warm Butterbeer. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's almost like how it tastes in my dreams (yes I dream about what Butterbeer tastes like. And it's fucking AWESOME).

And then when I get home at like 2 in the morning, I'm about to take my make-up off when I brush out my hair and go OMG that looks so much better than it had all night. lol. I HATE that, like okay cool now my hair looks perfect as I'm about to sleep on it but not for all the pictures I took when I was out in public all night. Great. Thanks hair. 

The point of this pointless story being that I had to snap a selfie before I passed out to remind myself next time that there really is no point in trying to curl my hair. It's just not going to happen.