Monday, March 4, 2013

Hello, What's YOUR Name?


Hello! Why, thanks for asking! My name is Evea (I know, you're like "What? How the hell do you say that?" It's pronounced "ee-vah". Think of Wall-E when he calls out to the the other robot Eve. Get it? No? That's okay, no one ever does. I know, my parents suck. I blame them too). Anyway, let see if I can describe myself in a single blog without it coming off like a bad dating website profile. 


...Although, I do happen to be single. I'm just saying. (hey, it was worth mentioning, right?)


Okay, so I am an April Fool's baby who is about to be 21-years-old in less than a month. I live in Los Angeles, CA but I grew up in San Francisco -- and yes, I mean actually in the city. I love to laugh and hang out with silly people and sing and dance like a crazy person because it freaks people out and I find it amusing. I’m 5’3”, strawberry blonde and I hate spiders. I have an unhealthy obsession with Harry Potter. I love cheesecake and all types of animals. I'm very pale, and I like it that way. I believe all the answers to life's questions can be found in a Neil deGrasse Tyson quote. I find it difficult to take anything too seriously. If "The Nightmare Before Christmas" was real, I would live in Easter Land and never leave because a world full of pastels and furry creatures sounds like a sort of heaven to me. My knees go weak over fantastical photos of our galaxy, star explosions, and the aurora borealis. I love to cook, especially with wine....sometimes I even use it in the food! (cue drums: ba dum tss!) I own way too many flowery dresses. JUST KIDDING. There's no such thing as too many flowery dresses. I'm a certified crazy cat lady! yay! I currently have two, a boy and a girl, named Buster and Madison. Unfortunately for you, I'll probably talk about them a lot. My favourite animal is a lion but I'm also quite smitten with sheep. If I wasn't trying to be a stupid actress (an unfortunate passion to be completely in love with as the success rate of this particular career is rather slim) I would probably have full tattoo sleeves and many more piercings than I do now because I think they are beautifully creative forms of expression and artistry. As it is, I only have two (visible) tattoos of simple script written on each of my wrists that say "No Fear" and "Dream Big" because those are the two philosophies I live by (hence my unwavering dedication to my fickle craft). I also have a breast cancer ribbon with my grandmother's initials on my pelvis, a very hide-able place. Two of my creative outlets are painting very tiny things on my nails and decorating cakes. Sometimes when I'm out in the world I pretend I'm Alice wandering through wonderland. And then I get all philosophical and realize.... I AM. (what? I don't know.) A part of me never grew up and thinks its still the 90's. I only surround myself with positive happy people, so if you're mean, go away. I like to make up words because sometimes the English language just doesn't have what I need to describe what the monkeys are typing in my head. If I could, I would spend the majority of my time outside because I am absolutely in love with all things nature-y(<-- see? not a real word). I'm not gonna lie, a part of me just wishes Rivendell was a real place so I could live there (Oh shit, was that a Lord of the Rings reference? I think it was.) Did I mention I'm a nerd? Also, I'm a Humanist (I guess I'm technically an Atheist, but I agree with humanist values). I try to remind myself to do at least one selfless thing for someone else everyday, even if it's as simple as holding open a door or something, because I feel that love and happiness can easily be spread to others if you are willing to make even just the smallest of efforts. I try to laugh as much as possible in one day. I love science. I'm a pottymouth, and a lot of the time, I just don't give a fuck (because who has time for that?).


Okay well that was a lot more than I intended to write, but there you go. So now onto what you will find in this blog (and I'll try to keep this one short): I don't know.


See? That wasn't so bad. lol. The truth is I'm really not sure what I'm going to blog about. Probably a smorgasbord of things that have to do with movies and books that I love, fashion and DIYs, nerdy things that only I think are funny, food, WINE (I wasn't kidding before -- I mean I was, hence the rimshot drums -- but I really love wine. It's pretty much the only alcohol I drink besides whiskey and the occasional fruity drink with toothpick umbrellas and rum) and other bits of whimsical randomness that cross my path that I feel the need to share with the rest of the interwebz.





So... yeah. This is my blog. Hi new blog!


kthnxbai.